… Providing long lasting & new age “GREEN” solution to ageing Infrastructure.
Pidna’s FRP/GRP products are an eco-friendly alternative to many traditional materials. Choosing FRP/GRP products is an environmentally responsible choice.
• FRP/GRP has low embodied energy. Embodied energy is defined as “the total energy required producing a product from the raw materials stage through delivery.”
• As a good insulator against heat and cold, FRP/GRP helps conserve energy while reducing operating costs.
• FRP/GRP is a very durable material with a long life cycle. This reduces replacement costs and keeps more materials out of the landfill.
• Our product’s main ingredient is glass, which is made from sand-an abundant resource.
• Our products are made with 5% pre-consumer recycled content.
• FRP/GRP experiences low electrical conductivity making it perfect for industries where electricity could pose a risk.
In accordance with QHSE Policy statement, we are committed to continuously improving Health / Safety / Environment ( HSE ) by carrying out potential risk assessment, waste minimization and optimized use of resources through three “R“ concept (i.e. Recovery ,Reuse & Recycle ).
FRP Waste is Recyclable
Solid waste generated in the FRP manufacturing process is a matrix of cured polymer resin and fibre reinforcement material. The chemical structure of the polymers used and the fibre& filler content of FRP scrap make Recycling more complex than typical thermoplastic recycling.
FRP waste is recycled by grinding the scrap/waste and then it can be reuse as raw material in spray up and RTM technique to manufacture FRP products.
Recycled materials are being used in spray up in lengths of 3 to 15mm. In compression model and RTM, the longer fibres give the best results. In most cases it is not necessary to separate the fine dust from the fibres. The fine particles can take the place of fillers and improve stiffness.
Besides recycling our FRP scrap, we have advised our customers that whenever our product reaches to removal stage, such used product should be handed over for Re-cycling.